Tuesday 3 July 2012

Catch up...

So it's been a while. Apologies to my one follower...

Aaaaanyway... What's new? Been abroad! With a baby! Wow! I remember being in my third trimester and panic buying dried pasta, jarred food and tins of everything utterly convinced I would NEVER be able to leave the house once the baby arrived. Now look at me! (Slight smug moment.)

Well in a nutshell it was great! I kind of started to dread it, I imagined it would just be like being at home but somewhere hot and therefore not a holiday at all. But it wasn't and it made me realise... a baby... when you take away the hoovering, dusting, cleaning, picking up, tidying, cooking, washing etc  out of the equation... is reasonably easy!

So since then I've been on this train of thought about how much house work is necessary? I'm a big fan of being in a clean house and I love relaxing in a gorgeous pristine room but how pristine can any of my house ever be with a baby? They come with an undeniable amount of clutter. Things I use hourly include baby wipes, muslins, dribble bibs, changing mat, bouncey chair and a couple of Lamaze toys. Those alone strewn across my lounge floor make the place look untidy. Then add my book, tv remote, monitor, nappy cream and a few other bits from the night before and we're in "cluttered" territory! So what's the point in trying?

Lesson - I know the lesson is to do what I need to and learn to live with the "necessary mess" but for a little while I suspect I'll continue to work against the tide... To be continued.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate, read and reply to all comments, I would LOVE to hear what you think today...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...