Thursday 6 December 2012

Mobile Memories

How lovely to live in an age where I can pick up the hand held object to my left, glide my thumb across the surface and relive 1 minute and 52 seconds of my daughter squeaking and wiggling as a 3 day old. How lovely.

We talk A LOT about the downsides of mobile technology. How ANTIsocial it is. How we're connected or too connectable.

But in someways it's just lovely.

I read something on Facebook the other day (a picture slogan of some description) "ENJOY THE SMALL STUFF, FOR ONE DAY YOU WILL REALISE IT IS BIG STUFF". How true. If you speak to your Nan she will more likely tell you about the mundane from her youth. Her walk to school or how they mended their shoes. Why? Because it's big stuff.

They say you can only store memories in your short-term memory for up to 30 seconds before it is either forgotten or transferred to your subconscious or your long-term memory. You can transfer information to your long-term memory by using it or by recalling it within that 30 seconds.

Reviewing a picture could be considered as using and recalling it. Just the act of taking that picture could lock it into your long-term memory.

Record record record. Recording is a form of appreciating. Appreciation makes us grateful. Gratitude anchors us. Anchors us as parents. Anchors our children.

And besides... Tis the season.

A very longwinded introduction to my first Instagram dump... A little creative lo-fi alternative to yesterday's post...
Did you spot our first snow in there?!?!
LINK UP YOUR SNAPS ON OUR BLOG HOP HERE!!!

3 comments:

  1. Aww these are precious; I love Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh these are all so lovely, each a little piece of art. And you're right for all the potential for bad there's oh so much more for good.

    Aloha,
    I'm stopping by from A Lovely Army wife to say "hi" and to invite you to join for An Aloha Affair, a sweet gathering and growing together of creative souls. You are always welcome. Always.

    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very true. I'm always hearing about the downsides of our phones and ipods and ipads, but really...when has it ever been so easy and fun to capture the everydayness of our lives. Between Facebook and Instagram and the like, we are keeping records of all the little things. I, for one, love it.

    Beautiful photos! Love the foils - I looked like that just yesterday while getting my hair done. I'm so thankful you linked up with the GtKY hop!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate, read and reply to all comments, I would LOVE to hear what you think today...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...