Monday 24 June 2013

Home Sweet Home Craft

You may remember we moved recently. 4 months ago. New home + new baby bump = NESTING
Cue a thousand and one trips to DIY shops and the paint aisles. We're coming close to owning every single paint sample colour B&Q have to offer. 

And I am loving it. Laying down real roots. Making this place our own. I remember a few key interior pieces we had in our house as I grew up; a very 80s digital alarm clock that sat on my Dad's bedside, a mirror painted with a Greek goddess and grapevines in the bathroom, black and white tiles in the kitchen, dark green kettle, a wooden owl lap we got on a family holiday in France. These were signs of the times and marks of my childhood era. They weren't expensive or design essentials, but they made my home.
I love the idea that the items I choose now will be those my children. I wonder what they will remember? I wonder if they'll call me up and ask if I still have that old fox pillow anywhere because it reminds them of when they were little? Maybe they want it for their new flat because it's so retro and totally back bang on trend. 
So here are some peeks at what's going on around our abode... Euna's room and the quest for a girlie blue...
Love this tree wall sticker from Not on the Highstreet, some bunting I made last pregnancy and a name plaque an Auntie made for her...
The mobile I slaved over. I took two tutorials for the birds and the circles ideas and combined... Gotta love a crafty blog... 
This has been my most recent DIY project, old-school highchair from a charity furniture shop (£15)...
Sanded then base and top coat...
Cheap frame collage, using frames from The Range (Priced £1.49-£4.49)...
 The dining room lights Steve and I are in love with (unfortunately disappeared from sight so I can't link you up)...
 Happy home, happy girls.
More projects to come! Not least of them MY cot from when I was a baby!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate, read and reply to all comments, I would LOVE to hear what you think today...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...