Sunday 8 June 2014

Halkidiki 2014: The last of our holiday snaps...

(I wrote this WHOLE POST and then lost it... and then forgot what I wrote... BALLS.)

So here are the last of the holiday pics I am going to share... Promise. ;) 

In short our holiday did everything holidays set out to do. We all got sun, we all swam, we all ate too much, we all slumped back at the room every late afternoon slippery with greasy suncream and sweat and dusting our paths with sand falling out of all our creasy bits... I took ten blissful days away from washing, cooking and crawling around on all fours under the dining table and highchairs scooping up fast-hardening Weetabix and pasta tubes. Best of all I drank frozen cocktails before midday and stood  in the sea and felt the fresh air blowing in to my head and unwinding my brain. 

What an awesome thing it is to just know you're a long way away. Just being far away is like green tea for my head. I think it's not being in the house. Not being amongst that ever-growing-eternally-refreshing to do list that is running a family home. Need to find a gardener to clear that tree and got to buy a new wash basket is replaced with has Euna been eaten by a shark and will I get to end of this chapter in my book before Bow wakes up. 

It's all about having time. Spacing everything out. Talking. Thinking. Talking and thinking about nothing. Fresh air between the ears. When I figure out how to recreate that at home I'll let you know... For a price. And make a billion pounds. And spend it all on frozen cocktails and people to bring them to me in the mid morning. Tru-dat.

(Ah it's ok... I think I wrote this better second time ;) )

So here's Euna... Fresh air between her ears... Because ya know sometimes a girl needs to take a step back from the potty training rat race! That's my way of telling you SHE WEARS BIG GIRL PANTS NOW! :D 


The Mums who tell you baby boys clothes shopping is boring have not lived the dream that is reliving 90's sideways cap trends through their baby boys! "Crabby but Cute" was about right for this teething Bow-Bow and his ill-timed first tooth...


"BIG boat" 


Just nice... Blue, orange, sea shiz...


"Stick Man". That little brown dude comes with us everywhere. 


And I realise I hate those spf sunsuit things. Blimey. Whatta way to make the beach fundamentally UNfun. Especially the ones with floats built in... 


Sand. Everywhere. SO happy she loves the sand...


Beachside baby led weaning...


GREAT BIG WHOLE FACE SMILING! :D


I love this.


And the beaches were blisssssssfully quiet...


We didn't see a lot of this snoozy, teething dude but when we did he loved the wind... Opened his mouth and shook his head in it like he was trying to eat it! Too cute.


Food. Top of my "things I want my kids to get out going abroad" list is new food...


3/4 looking at the camera HAS to be as good as it gets. Family photo WIN! This one is going on the wall!


Thanks Halkidiki! We loved it! xxx

3 comments:

  1. Your photos are AMAZING! Looks like y'all had a fabulous vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow looks like a lovely holiday, gorgeous pictures xx #familyphotofriday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos as ever Farlie. Not jealous, at alllllll! X

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate, read and reply to all comments, I would LOVE to hear what you think today...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...